- The operations group is concerned about high shipping costs and what is driving that and how to reduce it.
- Duplicate customer information across multiple systems.
- On a massive scale, same day orders from one customer would result in multiple shipments on different trucks to the same location. Shipping logistics costs were excessive due to this duplicate data.
- Implemented an MDM hub for customer data by creating golden records for customers across CRM, ERP, Logistics and BI/DW applications.
- Automated validation and identification of variances between systems using business rules.
- Cleanse, de-dupe and sync records including creating ongoing workflow to easily maintain this data across systems.
- Decreased duplicate shipping and reduced costs.
- Centralized data hub for customer. All systems that use Customer data are working from one, clean trusted view of this data.
- Established strong enterprise data management foundation, and eliminated manual processes within existing systems framework.