Managing Many Data Sources & Producing One Source of Provider Data
- Critical Provider data was fragmented across the organization in a variety of diﬀerent systems. Needed to partner with data owners to manage key attributes for all Providers across all systems.
- Needed a centralized location to manage all critical provider data.
- Needed standardized values to drive analytics including predictive modeling, and product/app development.
- Needed to replace the eﬀort to manually join data from more than 50 credentialing sources, multiple reference source systems, and multiple EMRs.
- Needed to create a simple way to supply data to downstream systems for day-to-day operations for more than 25,000 active providers.
- Needed to centralize the management of data quality for key provider demographic information.
Create Centralized Source of Master Data
- Develop master data from provider data systems to oﬀer daily updates across the Health System.
- Develop standardized values for reporting and analytics including degrees, education, specialties, practice locations, and more.
- Develop data quality monitoring for onboarding/credentialingproviders.
- Data quality for provider data increased to 98% completeness.
- Created Provider Source of Truth – single pipeline of provider data for the organization.
- Organizationally, the MDM data is used by more than 200 teams and projects/programs as the ongoing data source for Providers and Location data.
- Master Data Management (MDM) has become one of the key strategies the executive team uses to manage the business.