As companies grow, they often hire dedicated product managers to oversee all the planning, development and launching a product. Business leaders recognize that this is a critical need and expect products to be managed holistically from ideation to development — so why don’t more companies take that same approach when solving enterprise-wide problems with data and analytics?
On this episode of the CDO Matters Podcast, Malcolm Hawker sits down with Bethany Lyons to discuss her role as KAWA Analytics’ Chief Product Officer (CPO) before diving into a range of timely data topics including:
- “Self-service’ data governance
- Product management approaches
- Centralized security vs. decentralized data modeling
- Enforcing data governance/security policies
- The definition and uses of data build tools (DBT)
- The longevity of CDO tenures
- Key attributes of a good product manager
…and so much more!